Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A few more NAN photos

I was able to upload a few more photos that, for whatever reason, would not open in my last post. I'm so pleased to be able to share a few more pieces that really excited me at NAN.

I loved these two donkeys, sculpted by Kitty Cantrell and painted by Lauren Hoffer, who is also known as "Ladybrooklyn" on blab.  I always enjoy viewing Lauren's donkeys online, and they continue to impress in person. It appears that Lauren has an extensive knowledge of donkey coat colors and patterns, and her technique with pastels is especially conducive to rendering them. Lucky for me, Lauren and I were seated in the same aisle, so I saw a lot of these two cuties all day long at NAN.  Both the Momma and the Baby won awards in their respective breed classes. Well deserved!


Isn't this a stunning Eberl Pieroshka? The color really pops. I'm sure she is even more lovely in natural lighting. This mare has wonderful dappling capped off by her fancy sabino pattern. I believe she is painted by Sheila Anderson.


Finally we have a micro mini (yes, a micro!) painted by Kingyo Stables.  I have only recently started seeing the work of this artist online, so I believe she is fairly new to customizing, but if she is new to art (or at least this type of art) you would not know it from her detailed pattern work and excellent use of color. 




No comments:

Post a Comment