Friday, August 24, 2012

Midwest Model Mania Color Class Winners

It has been a very busy week of getting my sons back to school and getting my house back to a state it can only reach when they are not home all day long.  I can now settle in for the school year which means a great deal more studio time for me!  This transitional week fell right after I attended one of my favorite annual model horse shows.

Last weekend my friend Chris Wallbruch and I traveled to beautiful Galesburg, IL for "Midwest Model Mania" hosted by Marilou Mol. This is one of those rare shows that has hit just the right balance by offering an extensive halter classlist (the show is all halter and workmanship/collectibility) without so many classes that there is also an extensive amount of stress As a result, this show is pure FUN for all participants!  I'm pretty sure that I have attended all five years since this show's inception, and I have every hope of attending every future edition of this show.

I took photos of some of the models in the CM/AR Workmanship callbacks, and then took some more quick shots with my iphone while I was standing there again a few minutes later. It wasn't my plan to share all of them on the blog, but seeing that I did photograph all of the models up for the championship I decided that it might be fun for readers to see which horses were up there even if the photo quality is rather poor (and red tinted, which I could not fully correct..sigh).  I'll know better next time and be sure to use my "real" camera!

So here are the first and second place models from the color classes as they were called back for the CM/AR Workmanship Championship under judge (and show host) Marilou Mol:



From left to Right in the above photo:

Dapple Grey Dante resin painted by Tom Bainbridge

Bay Appy Matriarch resin painted by Carol Williams





"Arco De Azul" painted by Tiffany Purdy and owned by Chris Wallbruch

"Dylan" painted by Kate Shick and owned by Chris Wallbruch




"Loire" painted by Karen Beeson and owned by Chris Wallbruch (go little Loire!)





Alborozo custom by Lisa Bickford

Little Man Mango painted by Lisa Bickford

Jezebel resin




CM by Lisa Bickford

Matriarch resin painted by Carol Williams



"Princess Buttercup" customized by Tiffany Purdy owned by Chris Wallbruch (I adore this beautiful girl!)

Unknown pinto weanling

Azahm resin painted by Carol Williams owned by Brenda Metcalf (another personal favorite of mine!)




"Imbolc" customized by Tiffany Purdy painted by Carol Huddleston and owned by Karen Beeson

Rabicano Weanling painted by Carol Williams and owned by Brenda Metcalf



Pinto ISH painted by Ed Gonzales and owned by Laura Bergstrom

Unknown Victrix resin




"Oskar" painted and owned by Karen Beeson

"Lily" painted by Karen Beeson and owned by my son Paul


Lily also won a Championship in the AR "Other" Breeds division!  That meant that I'd have some nice ribbons to bring home to Paul too!




No comments:

Post a Comment