Thursday, March 28, 2013

Performance at Show for the Cure '13

Following a brief hiatus due to my boys being home for spring break, I'm back with more Show for the Cure photos!  Today's photos come from the spectacular performance division.  Many of these entries wee shown by local performance gurus Tiffany Purdy and D'Arry Frank. I'm guessing that I also photographed entries owned by Kim Haymond and Megan Cotte. As always, I wish I knew all of the owners, artists, tack, prop, and doll makers  so I could credit them, and ask for your help in doing so. Please leave comments here with any further information you wish to share. Thank you!

I love the color coordination of the doll, tack, and poles shown with this beautiful roan.



This little jumper was attired in exceptionally nice mini scale tack and a beautifully crafted jump.


Here we have an even smaller entry, also shown with wonderful tack and props!


Tiffany Purdy made a gorgeous new performance horse for herself. That's Tiffany herself, holding a clipboard, to the righthand of the photo, and Chris Wallbruch judging paints in the background. 


This is the same little jumper from above, with yet another stunning obstacle. 


I loved seeing this Stone Saddlebred strutting his stuff in performance. 


D'Arry customized the darling pony and made the doll in this sweet bareback entry. 


I believe this is Tiffany's showmanship entry and look, is the handler a miniature version of Tiffany herself?


This is a very nice Mamluk costume, with beautiful, lustrous gold accents. 


This versatile Arabian looks just as nice in costume class as in showmanship a few photos above. 


Tiffany has recently created this performance horse too. He has the most wonderful presence!


I would love to know who made this inspiring Marwari costume. It is truly a work of art with so many colors, textures, and materials used in its creation! 




This recreation of the vintage painting shown in the following photo was shown by Tiffany Purdy. 



So many attractions and distractions occur at the shows. I'm not sure why I didn't photograph this entry in its entirety, but at least I can share this photo of the beautiful doll and part of the exquisitely made buggy. 


The final photo of the day shows Tiffany Purdy's Team Driving entry.   Those who know Tiffany's work and show string will easily identify it by her signature pink!  Tiffany had just started dismantling this entry when I made it up to the table to take this photo, but I assure you that every element was absolute pink perfection! 


I'm looking forward to sharing photos from the Artist's Resin division in an upcoming post!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing these, Karen! Yes, you did get photos of a couple of my entries =) The little grey pony jumper is my guy. He is a custom by Tiffany Purdy, wearing an amazing tack set by Corinne Ensor, and all of the props are by us (Tabletop Studios). Thanks for sharing these, you always miss things at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was suspecting that beautiful little guy was yours, Kim, especially when he showed up on the table with a second, different and equally exquisite obstacle! I meant to mention that I especially love how his own base holding him up is perfectly matched to the sand ground of the display. That really completes the picture. Next time you come to this area, I will need to make it over to your show table so I can see which models are yours, since I'm bound to photograph them in the rings. I hope you will be out this way again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Marwari costume is by Nicki Norris - she shared photos of it on Blab a while back. :)

    Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for that information, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete