Friday, April 26, 2013

Glossy Chalky Dapple Grey Shire (1 of 6 produced) at auction!

I'm stunned to see that a piece I knew "personally" and long coveted (since age 11, or so!) is for sale on eBay today. This piece is the most extraordinary shade of glossy, chalky blue-grey. Known in the show rings as "Miracle," this model was a favorite of all of us who knew the owner, and also Marney Walerius, who was the source of the model from Breyer.  Miracle always crushed the competition, but her huge fan club was always rooting for her.

My heart aches a bit, as I would LOVE to add her to my own collection, but she is worth far more than my budget could handle. I hope I will find out where she lands, and perhaps see her again someday in the show rings.

To clarify, this is not my own auction, although the seller is a dear, long-time friend of mine. Anyone with an interest in Breyer history should rush over to see the listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1-6-Breyer-Horse-Glossy-Chalky-Bell-Bottom-Shire-/271196013874?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f248ac532#ht_284wt_1352


OF Glossy CHALKY Dapple Grey Breyer Shire. 1 of 6 produced. Currently for sale on eBay. Photo used with permission. 

No comments:

Post a Comment