Thursday, April 25, 2013

Show for the Cure - Best in Show Award Winner

Some may have noticed that my Show for the Cure coverage cut off abruptly, and that my resin division coverage never appeared on the blog. That was thanks to my recent computer crash, and the loss of all of my 2012 and 2013 photos. Fortunately some of those photos were permanently preserved here on my blog, as well as in my phone and camera.

I do have one remaining Show for the Cure photo to share today, the winner of the prestigious "Best in Show" award winner of the day.  This special award is unique to this show.  The overall grand champions of each division (CM, Resin, Performance, Plastic, China, and CM Glaze) go up for this final honor, judged by show host Jenna Nejman.

This year the best in show was awarded to a piece of my own work, Grand Design, owned by Brenda Metcalf!  Congratulations, Brenda!!!   To add to the excitement, in the seven years since Jenna founded the Show for the Cure, this was Grand Design's second Best in Show win at the event!

"Best in Show" Award Winner at Show for the Cure 2013
"Grand Design"
Sculpture by Williams.
Finishwork by Karen Beeson.
Owned by Brenda Metcalf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment