Thursday, April 18, 2013

GREAT reference photo and art source!



I have been very quiet these past two weeks and for good reason. My computer completely crashed, requiring a hard drive replacement. Luckily, I had backed up just two weeks earlier.  Unluckily, when I replaced all my data, it scattered and mixed randomly, leaving me to play "52 card pick-up" with more than 25,000 photos and files!  Additionally, for some reason I have still not found (or perhaps completely lost) all of my photos from 2012 and 2013. (The random cute photo of our pet rat Butters as a baby is included above for your viewing pleasure, and because it is one of the photos that I *have* recovered and sorted thus far!)

So that brings me to today's post about a fantastic reference site developed by hobby artist Kimberly Smith.  Kimberly has much to offer the equine artist on her site, from pigment recipes for painting models, to free equine cross-stitch patterns, and of course, galleries of her own beautiful work.

Kimberly has recently added another valuable feature. She has generously started sharing gorgeous, large horse photographs from her own reference collection, for the use of other equine artists!  This is perfect timing for me, with the loss of so many of my references, but in truth, I would be building my "Kimberly Smith" file even if I hadn't lost my own. The photos are huge and beautiful, allowing for clear study of the smallest details.  Kimberly has captured a wide variety of breeds, colors, poses, and disciplines. A new selection of photos is shared every week!  I'd highly recommend a visit to Kimberly's site.






No comments:

Post a Comment