Sunday, July 7, 2013

Congrats to my art student, Lisa Clarizio!!

A HUGE (and belated) congratulations to Lisa Clarizio on winning the OVERALL RESERVE GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP in the Custom Division at No Frills Live in May with her very own Grand Prix!!!

Grand Prix is Lisa's work, but I feel like a "Grandma" of sorts, as Lisa painted this fellow last fall in my own "Paint a Leopard Appaloosa" class, which I offered right at my own kitchen table! Most thrilling for me, is that Grand Prix is the very first horse that Lisa has painted! 

I certainly wish that I could say that my own first horse turned out this well. It took me many years of hard work to reach the level that Lisa has reached on her first piece. It is a thrill to be able to help my students reach their artistic goals so quickly, and this brings me to an exciting announcement...

I will once again be offering a short session of model horse art classes, from July 9 to August 20!

More details will be posted here tomorrow, but in the mean time, please e-mail me at karbee9@aol.com if you would like to receive the full brochure as soon as it is ready. I have made some changes that will hopefully permit more individuals to choose and schedule the class that they would like, at the time (weekend, weekday, or evening) that works for them.

Congrats again, Lisa!

Grand Prix
Painted by Lisa Clarizio
Shown Winning Overall Reserve Grand Champion in the CM Division at No Frills Live, May 2013





4 comments:

  1. That is wonderful! What a thrill for both of you! That is a beautiful piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has great talent...I can just imagine the work she will accomplish after several customs. ;)
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talent begets talent - congrats..that's a beautiful piece. She learned from one of the best!

    ReplyDelete