Tuesday, February 26, 2013

What is a Horspital?



For the past year, or so, I have been offering a model touch-up service at the local shows.  It is such a joy to restore CM, AR, and even OF models to their former condition!  

I will continue this service at the Spring shows. While I do not handle repairs through the mail (except for my own work, of course),  I am glad to pick-up models for repairs at any show that I attend, even if I am not offering on-site repairs at that show.  Please see the below for details. 

                        The Beeson Horspital
                       for damaged models

Professional on-site touch-ups and restorations!


Upcoming Horspital Dates:

March 23, 2013 at No Frills Live in Huntley, IL

May 11, 2013 at No Frills Live in Huntley, IL 

**Pick-ups for horspital services, to be completed at my home, will also be available on March 16 at Show for the Cure Live, and on April 20 at the No Frills Minis Show.  Models picked up on these dates will be returned to you at the next show we will be both be attending.  


Touch-ups are available for: 

Most CM and AR models 
Some Breyer, Stone, and other OF models, depending on the damage 
(with limited services for glossy OF models)

Break repairs and other body work is not available at the shows, but please inquire if your model requires this type of work to be completed at my home. 



How does it work? 

Horspital services are available either by reservation (to receive priority for your repairs, early in the show day) or on a drop-in basis at the show. 

For Reservations, e-mail me at karbee9@aol.com (prior to noon, on the day before the show, please) with your full name, sculpture name, and brief description of repairs needed. 

On the day of the show, please check-in your models at my table as early as possible during the show day.  I will cap check-ins at 10-12 models for the day.

Rates:  $7 per horse for up to 20 minutes of work.  $7 additional for each 10-20 minutes of work thereafter.


Questions? Contact: Karen Beeson karbee9@aol.com 


2 comments:

  1. Will you be going to the August No Frills show?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that show on my calendar, and I'm planning to go, but it is a little too far out for me to be 100% certain. Feel free to check in with me about this when June rolls around and I'll have a much better idea about it.

    ReplyDelete