Friday, July 26, 2013

Model Horse Painting Classes - News and Updates!

This summer has brought many surprising turns for me, the most wonderful and happiest being the opportunity to teach model horse painting classes during the last few weeks of this season!

I have several students registered for some very exciting projects. Some participants will be painting their very first pieces EVER in their class! Others are already professional model horse artists, with the balance of my students falling somewhere in between.

A few students have chosen to bring one prepped body and work from start to finish on a specific color or pattern. A few others are bringing multiple bodies so they can "play" with a bunch of media that they have never tried, such as hand applied acrylics, oils, pastels, pigments, and pencils.  One student will be doing a "practice" run of the exact bay coat color of her real horse, so she can later (with this practice behind her) apply the same color to a resin that looks just like her beautiful Morgan. Another is painting a portrait of her own varnish Appaloosa!

My one surprise is that opening up the classes to "private" instruction with just one participant and their own dreams has meant a lot more planning on my end. This is all highly worth while for me, because I know that I'll be delivering exactly what each student desires to learn.

I still have room for more classes and participants. Please remember that the price is just $15 per hour of instruction (with a two hour minimum). Why so low? A really nice "perk" on my end is that I get to work on my own project during the class, so my student can see how I work, usually painting the same color that I'm teaching. These projects will eventually develop into sales or collection pieces for me, so I can pass on that perk for me as a "discount" to my students!

The following upcoming dates and times are still open and available for classes:

Sunday, July 28 - open for a class of 6 hours or less
Monday, July 29 - open until 5 pm
Tuesday, July 30 - open
Wednesday, July 31 - open
Thursday, August 1 - open until 2 pm

Sunday, August 4 - open for a class of 6 hours or less
Tuesday, August 6 - open prior to noon
Wednesday, August 7 - open
Thursday, August 8 - open
Friday, August 9 - open after 2 pm

Monday, August 12 - open
Tuesday, August 13 - open
Wednesday, August 14 - mostly open, but please e-mail me for specifics
Thursday, August 15 - open
Friday, August 16 - open
Saturday, August 17 (open for a class of 5 hours or less)

Monday, August 19 - open (and also the last day to schedule a Summer class with me!)

Please read my recent older post for more information about classes if you are interested!







1 comment:

  1. Such a great opportunity, Karen! I know how dedicated you are to your craft--I can't wait to see what comes out of your classes! --Julie

    ReplyDelete